Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I'm a Dirty Dinosaur

My goal with this blog is to give parents ideas of how to make books fun for them and their children. Today I read I'm a Dirty Dinosaur by Janeen Brian and Ann James. This is one of Spencer's favorite books. Whenever he sees it, he starts growling like a dinosaur.  It is so much fun! I love sitting down and reading with him. Spencer is 15 months old. His attention span is not very long. When I read this book to Spencer I always use fun voices, do actions, and of course growl. This helps his short attention span to last for the story and it is a great time for him and I to have fun and be silly.

This book is fantastic because it teaches the following skills:
  • Language development
  • Body parts
Additional activities you can do: 
  • Use a toy and do the action words (shake a maraca, tap a stuffed animal, etc)
  • Make your own dirty dinosaur with paper and crayons, pudding, paint, or mud

No comments:

Post a Comment